847-985-6767   1076 S. Roselle Rd. , Schaumburg , IL , 60193
Civil Asset Forfeiture

When a crime is committed, the police can take the property that was used in that crime or that is somehow related to that crime. This is called a civil asset forfeiture.

If your property was taken because the police believe it was related to a crime, you have to go through a process to get the property back. During this process, the police will have to prove that they have probable cause that the property was used in a crime. This means that the police have enough facts to believe the property was used in crime.